JOIN THE FABSCRAP TEAM
ABOUT THE POSITION
FABSCRAP is a start-up nonprofit rethinking textile waste in the fashion, interior design, and entertainment industries in NYC. We provide convenient pickup and data on unwanted fabric and actively engage the local creative community in reuse.
The Operations Coordinator is our first responder! Under the direction of the Executive Director, you will be responsible for A) our relationships with our partner brands – including onboarding new partners and facilitating their pickups, B) our digital presence – including maintaining our website, online store, and social media channels, and C) assisting online and social media customers – including order fulfillment, answering questions, and developing new sales operations in response to feedback.
We’re growing rapidly and need administrative, operational, and strategic assistance. We’re a small team and everyone contributes beyond their core responsibilities. Teamwork and initiative are a must! Because of the start-up nature of our work, things move quickly, and you’ll have real ownership to define and refine procedures. We are excited for someone to be creative in this role and grow with us.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
A) Partner Relationships
a. Onboarding new partner brands – responding to interested brands, signing contracts, maintaining account information, tracking growth.
b. Facilitating pickups – working with our delivery partner to schedule pickup requests each week, tracking incoming material by partner brand, asset management.
c. Active customer service – answering questions from partner brands, sending data reports, proactively increasing the convenience of our service.
B) Digital Presence
a. Maintaining our dynamic webpages: Who’s FAB, News, Stats, Events Calendar, and other cosmetic changes as needed.
b. Online store – taking and editing photos of product, keeping inventory up to date and accurate, developing sales promotions/campaigns.
c. Social Media – post to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, respond to comments and tags, developing unique campaigns to increase engagement.
C) Digital Customer Service
a. Responding to reuse requests
b. Fulfilling online and social media orders
c. Newsletters to appropriate groups
OTHER ACTIVITIES (AS NEEDED)
- Assisting at Pop-Up Events
- Assisting with volunteer sessions
- Assisting with data management
- General warehouse management – opening/closing for the day, keeping things neat and secure.
- Represent FABSCRAP appropriately, honestly, and with a positive attitude
- Provide strategic feedback often to help FABSCRAP grow and succeed
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate Degree in related field (sustainability, supply chain, fashion, design, data management, logistics, marketing)
- Must be proficient and comfortable with Excel
- Must have prior customer service experience
- Professional social media account management experience preferred (for a business or organization, not just for personal use)
- Photography/Photoshop experience preferred
- Extreme attention to detail and organization, boarding on compulsive, is a plus and you’ll fit in great here!
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills - efficient but accurate work is required!
Brooklyn Army Terminal, Building B, Unit 5H-4,
140 58th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11220
Start Date: September 2018
Full Time (8AM-5PM, Monday - Friday)
Some weekend work required, but with prior notice
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: OPS COORDINATOR APP – (your name). Please tell us WHY you want to work at FABSCRAP!
Friday, August 24th at 11:59pm EST to be eligible for our first round of interviews (week of 8/27). We’re prioritizing team fit and will accept applications until we find the right person. Future interview rounds TBD.